Took cortisone injection in shoulder. Getting anxiety, tachycardia and tremors in chest. Side effect?
User rating for this question
How long does a cortisone injection stay in your system, as i think i am experiencing side effects from a cortisone injection in my shoulder. Anxiety, dizziness, tachycardia, tremors in my chest, neck, head. I also have been on prednisone within the last 3 months. I had to stop the prednisone because of anxiety and tremors
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. When somebody is taking prednisone or any other medication from this class for more than a months, he should decrease the dose of the medication gradually. He should decrease by 25% every three days. So the body finds the opportunity to adapt itself with the new situation. Otherwise he will find many issues including anxiety and tremors that you mentioned. Usually the injections inside the joints does not have systemic side effects. Even if there is any one, it will subside in a short period of time. Let me know if you have any question. I wish you a good health.
People also viewed
- Inappropriate sinus tachycardia anxiety
- Cortisone injection shoulder side effects
- Side effect of cortisone injection
- Pvcs tachycardia anxiety pregnancy
- Diet soda give lump in throat
- Ubiquinol low oxalate diet
- Vaccine package inserts
- Cortisone injection and tachycardia
- Troponin levels related to the diet
- Novartis flu vaccine
- Measles vaccination on 8 months baby
- Flu vaccines effect menstrual cycles
- Can a chickenpox patient eat pork and chicken?
- Maharashtrian diet for pregnant women
- Maintain normal sgpt diet