Took contraceptive pill after unprotected sex. Tested positive for pregnancy. How to avoid pregnancy?

i have unprotected sex with my partner 3 weeks ago....she also had consumed the contraceptive pill after 24 hr of sex, her periods came usually on 12-14 date of every month, she has no got her periods .today she tested the pregancy kit and found it positive....i have to avoid the pregnancy of partner ...suggest the medicine
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 44 minutes later

I would advice you to see a gynecologist and get the pregnancy status confirmed. It is mandatory to confirm the presence of an intrauterine pregnancy and the period of gestation by a specialist and undergo a medical abortion under the guidance of the doctor. The required dose and mode of administration of the medicines will be suggested by the doctor.

Medical abortion may be performed up to 63 days of pregnancy, but, the earlier it is done the better are the chances of a complete abortion. The process would usually take a couple of days after the completion of the treatment.

Self-medication carries with it the dangers of an incomplete abortion, heavy bleeding, infection, failure to detect an ectopic pregnancy and consequent dangers, infertility in the future etc. Therefore, it is always advisable to perform the procedure under the guidance of a specialist.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.