Took contraceptive pill after unprotected sex. Body started swelling. Pregnant?

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend a week ago. she took contraceptive pills within 12 hours of the act. I too dint ejaculate in the vagina, but everytime i pulled before ejaculation. but now after a week her body has started to swell...Is she getting pregnant?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 20 minutes later

Pregnancy can happen when unprotected intercourse occurs around the ovulation or fertile period. Pre-ejaculate is sufficient to cause conception as it contains enough sperms. Yet, if she has taken the emergency pill after the incident, she is mostly safe. Ordinary contraceptive pills are not of use in this scenario. The swelling of the body could be the pill effect as it contains excess hormone.

You did not say when she is due for her period and if she is regular with her cycles. The only way to confirm pregnancy now is to wait for the period and if it does not happen within 10 days after the expected date, see a specialist for further tests and a physical exam.

Use of the emergency pill creates disturbances in the cycle that could result in breakthrough bleeding and delayed period.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.