Took chemo for uterine cancer. Started spotting after period. Should I be concerned?

I am 23 yrs old and have 3 healthy children. after my first child I had uterine cancer took chemo and after had 2 more children. I had a tubal after my 3rd child and have had normal periods since I had her which they last 3 days and end. however this month I had a period that was normal lasted 3 days and ended but a day later I started spotting and have been spotting going on two weeks now. should I be concerned.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 1 hour later
thanks for the query.

Bleeding between periods can be cause be diverse causes with potentially severe causes. Bleeding between periods warrants a detail investigation. Given your history of uterine cancer, bleeding out of menses becomes even more serious and should not be taken lightly as re-occurrence should always be excluded.
Other possible causes could include infections, fibroids or disequilibrium in hormone levels, birth control drugs etc.

You need to XXXXXXX your gynecologist for detail evaluation and appropriate tests.

Hope this helps you. If you have further query i will be glad to help,
Best regards