Took care of patient with strept anginosus. Have swelling due to dental extraction. Transmission of strept anginosus?

i want ask about the transmission of strept anginosus? i took care of a patient with extensive infection due to that organism recently, i am concerned because i had a dental extraction and now i feel i have more swelling, Could i acquired this bacteria form my contact with that patient ? what would be the mode of transmission of strept anginosus? I am otherwise healthy with no medical issues, thank you
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us,

I would like to inform you that streptococcus cannot be transmitted from a one person to another until it has been injected directly into the blood stream.

The swelling following a dental extraction can be from a number of factors but contacting streptococcus.
I would advise you to see your dentist who had performed tooth extraction.

Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory will take care of the swelling, do not worry swelling will subside in 3-5 days completely.
Kindly take care of your oral hygiene,
Perform warm saline rinse(3-4 times/day),
Use an antibacterial mouth wash(twice/day),
Avoid application of hot compresses over the swelling,

I hope this answer was useful,

Kindly write back to us if you have further queries,
I wish you good health