Took carbodopa and had Panic Attacks. Should I try sinemat to see if there are no attacks?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Took carbodopa for 3 days and had Panic Attacks. Stopped the meds and attacks stopped. Will now try Sinemet ( not genaric) and see if there are no attacks.
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
Panic attacks are unpleasant side effects of levodopa and carbodopa so unfortunately it can occur in Sinemet too.
But it doesnt mean that it will. You can try and see will it have the same side effect. If not,then continue taking it. If yes, you can combine it with anxiolytics or switch to some another medicine such as dopamine agonists orMAO-B inhibitors and anticholinergic agents.
Or you can take combiantion of these, consult your neurologist about it.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help.