Took blood pressure medicine Lisinopril twice and Xanax. Will it harm?

I took my blood pressure medicine twice. Will it hurt me? It is Lisinopril-HCTZ 20-25mg. I also took a half of a .5 Xanax.
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 14 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

From the information you have sent it appears that you took two of your blood pressure medication tablets today which is double the normal dose.

This should not be a life threatening situation. I would recommend that you hydrate yourself very well for the next 24 hours. You may experience symptoms of fatigue and possibly dizziness. If the symptoms become significant or severe you should visit with your doctor or reports you a local emergency room immediately for evaluation.

If you feel well tomorrow you can resume taking your blood pressure medication as prescribed once daily. The fact that you did take some Xanax which I assume is also prescribed will not be problematic in the situation.

Thank you again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga