Took birth control pills back to back for seven weeks. Is this safe?

Question
Well I went back to back on the pill and have took seven weeks instead if six by mistake what should I do is just one payment
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: need few information Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX I want few information to clarify your query. 1. which pill you took? name on the pill. 2. Is there any problem after taking the pills? 3. Reason for starting the pill. These information will help us to answer your query completely. I will be waiting for the information. Regards

Follow-up: Took birth control pills back to back for seven weeks. Is this safe? 2 minutes later
I took the pill for 3weeks as normal skipped my break few took the pill that week, continued in the pill for the next three weeks instead if two abd i thought this week was my break week but it ahould have been last week?

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: stop once cycle completes. restart normally Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for the information. The pills contains hormones and the levels will match our normal body values and rhythm.So you should not start new pack without giving break but if you want to postpone the periods the hormonal pill with only progesteron can be continued with your doctor's advice. Since you had already taken without break, no need to worry for now. Stop the drug once its 3 weeks are over and follow the instructions carefully next time (cycle) Hope this helps you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If satisfied close the query and write a review as well. Wish you happy life. Regards

Follow-up: Took birth control pills back to back for seven weeks. Is this safe? 4 minutes later
I understand that but i have now taken two pill packets and one week of another which i thought was only two pill packets and i stop on sunday taking the pill thinking this week was my break week so its all confusing will i start back monday as normal or wait till my menstrual cycle starts?

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: wait till your new period starts.Use condoms Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for clarifying. Now you should wait for your menstrual periods to start and then restart from the 5th day of bleeding/cycle. Till then you can use barrier methods like using condoms. Hope this answered your query and clarified the doubts. Wish you happy life and good health. Regards