Took bath with cold water. Started sneezing, feeling tired and headache. Any relief?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Head ache, I was attend my ward meeting at baru XXXXXXX on 05.05.205 at XXXXXXX Pardesh. Water was veary cold and I was bath that cold water. now today I feel tired and there are sneezing and regular head ache. total body pain.
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Your symptoms resemble that of a viral infection (ie " caught a cold / flu "in layman language ).
Most of such infections are self limiting ,need only supportive therapy and resolve within a week .
Supportive therapy includes
1.analgesic like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain / fever.
2. Decongestant or antihistamine like cetrizine or chlorpeniramine for sneezing , congestion etc
3. Multivitamin and zinc supplements to help the body recover faster and deal with tiredness .
4. Plenty of fluids and adequate rest and sleep are a must .

Most of these are available at the pharmacy but it's always advisable to get yourself physically examined by your doctor and get a prescription for the same .
The doctor can rule out any severe bacterial infection or the need for antibiotics.
Anyways if the symptoms persist beyond a week or worsen its advisable to get some blood tests like CBC , ESR etc done and get yourself promptly evaluated by your physician .
Hope that answers your query.
Please feel free to clear any further doubts.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.