Took b12 shots and methylcobalamin pills due to low levels. Not able to walk properly. How long will it take to get cured?

Question
I HAVE A B-12 ISSUE MY LEVEL WAS DOWN TO 25 I HAVE TAKEN B-12 SHOTS
AND METHYL COBALAMIN PILLS. IT HA COME TO A POINT THAT I CAN
HARDLEY WALK THEY TOLD ME THAT MY MYLON SHETH HAS TO TAKE TIME TO REPAIR BUT HOW LONG?
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Vitamins

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

The degree of the deficiency of the Vit B12 determines the time involved in the disappearance of the symptoms.

First the Vit B 12 has to be replenished in the stores and then the remainder will get involved in chemical reactions needed for production of myelin sheath.

This may take a minimum of 2 to 3 months after the formulated (according to the deficiency) dosage of vitamin is administered.

Though late the effect is very comforting, need not worry the symptoms you have will never recur again once the Vit B12 level is sustained normal.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.