Took augmentin for cold, light fever, sinus infection, tooth pain. Feeling very tired. Side effect?

Question
Hi, i am 54 years old and 165cm height and 75 kg weight. i was having cold, light fever, sinus infection tooth pain etc. since one month my family doctor gave me one course augmentin 625mg antibiotic. and asked me got it check the Blood sugar my pbs was 272 and ppbs was 370. doctor adviced me to take janumet 50/500mg 1-0-0, glimipiride 2mg 1-0-1, i was feeling shivering after 5 days. then glimipiride dosage changed to 0-0-1 but still i was feeling very tired. again doctor asked me stop glimipiride after 2 days for the same reason stopped all the medicine. also as i was feeling very tired due to cold, family function and long travel i was taken more juice and sweets. now my FBS is in range of 100 to 120 and PPBS is in the range of 152 to 200 after 2 hrs of taking food. my body weight decreased by 7 kg in a span of 1 month. i am going daily 1 hr(nearly 5to6 km) in evening. can i maintain my sugar level by food control and exercise. please
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 30 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX ,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You should have got Random blood sugar during treament while you felt weak rather than stop all decision. It is at times very risky step but worked well for you luckily.
Your raised sugar level was related probably to stress of infection and resolved over time.
Yes you can keep a check on blood sugar by diet and exercise, intact this is the first thing to be implemented in newly detected hyperglycemia.
But you can not rely blindly on this intervention and must keep a tight watch on the sugar levels.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Took augmentin for cold, light fever, sinus infection, tooth pain. Feeling very tired. Side effect? 4 hours later
I have uploaded the report and my sugar level recorded by me. please give your advice.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 23 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Probably there has been some trouble in upload as I can't see any reports or attachments with your query.
Take Care!