Took antibiotics for IBS, constipation. Suffering from gas trouble, sleeplessness, yawning. Suggest medication

Gastroenterologist
Question
Suffering from IBS for last 5 years.
I was suffering from Constipaton problem for last 4 years. Then i met a physician, who given me some antibiotic(Vibact and others).

The problem is changed now. I am suffering from Gas trouble and sleeplesnes. My stomach is filled everytime, and losing my sleep in early morning. There is no pain as such. But very difficult to sleep. I have to empty my stomach. I have dreams every night. Feeling sleepy at office,dizziness,yawning. Incomplete motion , 2-3 times need to pass motion in the morning.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.

1. Do you have abdominal discomfort which gets relieved by bowel movements?
2. What is the consistency of stool - formed or semi solid or watery?
3. Any blood or mucus in that?
4. Do you wake up from sleep in the middle of the night to have a bowel movement?
5. Any loss of weight?
6. What are the tests done so far?

Kindly get back to me with the answers.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Took antibiotics for IBS, constipation. Suffering from gas trouble, sleeplessness, yawning. Suggest medication 4 minutes later
I can feel the movemnts in my stomach, even i can hear it.

Stool is semi solid
3. Any blood or mucus in that?
No such thing.

I get up beacuse of movements and full feeling of stomach. I cannot sleep on my stomach nor on my back.

5. Any loss of weight?
No weight loss.
6. What are the tests done so far?
a)Sonography
b)Stool test. No anything harmful

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 22 minutes later
All these symptoms of IBS only.
Continue taking probiotics ( Vibact).
Discuss with your gastroenterologist who would prescribe you medications for IBS-D like ramosetron, antispasmpdics and amitryptyline type of medications for complete relief.
You should also get tested for celiac disease which can be done by blood tests and endoscopy.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Thanks doc for your suggestion..
Can you suggest any specialist around Pune, if you have details :)

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 minutes later
You can write to customercare of healthcare magic to know about gastroenterologists from Pune.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Took antibiotics for IBS, constipation. Suffering from gas trouble, sleeplessness, yawning. Suggest medication 38 hours later
Hi Doctror,

I have met one gastro enterologist at XXXXXXX Hospital. He has asked me to take 10 day medication(tab-Gastractive).

He also prescribed for tow blood tests
1)IGA Antitransfusion Glutaminense
2)IGA Antiendomyseal Antibody.

They said these tests will be done only in Mumbai, samples to be sent to there.

The worrying thing is that these are very expensive. Outside labs are charging 7.5k to 8k.

But my doc said, his wife is running a clinic which will costing to Rs.3.5k to 4k.

Can you suggest if we have any tie-ups with any clinics..

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 hours later
The blood tests are for celiac disease.
If you find them expensive, ask your doctor to prescribe the medications I have mentioned.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Took antibiotics for IBS, constipation. Suffering from gas trouble, sleeplessness, yawning. Suggest medication 1 hour later
Doc,

If i am suffering form Celiac desease, what food pattern should be avoided. Is there any cure for this ?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 13 minutes later
If you have celiac disease, then you have to avoid wheat based food items for relief.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini