Took antibiotic for upper respiratory infection. Have sore throat, ear ache and swallowing difficulty

General Surgeon
difficulty swallowing it is painfulI had a upper respiratory infection A week ago,my physician gave me an antibiotic, I took it for seven days. It did not work so he sent anotherto my pharmacy,i'm taking that now but I still have the sore throat and ear ache,I also have lymph nodes both sides under my neck/throat.what can I do to relieve my painfulswallowing?
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 26 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

What kind of antibiotic have you been prescribed? Your symptoms sound like you do suffer from quinsy. Especially if your throat is red and swollen with whitish lesions on tonsils. If your tongue has raspberry color, you may suffer from Streptococcal infection.
The best antibiotic for you seems to be Clindamycin 300 mg 3x1.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.