Took antibiotic for skin infection. Got twitching on eye. What cure should be done?

Hi, my husband had to have antibiotics through an IV over a week ago due a skin infection, now since stopping the antibiotics, he has got a twitch on his left eye, is this a side effect of antibiotics, if so, what is the cure if any? He did not have an eye twitch before and has no other symptoms.Thanks XXXXXX
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 20 minutes later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
A twitch like this is not a side effect of antibiotic therapy.We would to approach this problem as a independent problem and the simultaneous occurence should be treated as coincidence.
Since twiching is a nerve transmission defect,it is ideally to be managed with calcium and B complex tablets orally.
Give it some time and the problem is usually self limiting.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.