Took antibiotic for sinus infection. Having severe headache, mucus in stool and feeling tired

My symptoms began around 3 months ago when I became sick with an extremely bad headache in my lower head. It was connected to my neck also making the top of my neck ache also. It then moved around my head between my eyebrows and behind my was that painful that all I could do was lay down with a pillow on my head. This continued for around a month and a half and slowly wore off my doctor gave me antibiotics for a sinus infection which made everything 10 times as painful. I was recommended to a specialist who told me it is not a sinus infection at all. I am now suffering from the headache every so often and sometimes when I bend down to pick something up. I am now coughing up small amounts of clear mucus and I noticed last week that there was also some mucus in my stool. Everyday I feel sick for at least half an hour and this occurs around every few hours. I have trouble focusing on things like the computer and tv. I have also had a change in bowel moments and have changed from going once a day to around 4 times a day and I also urinate more often also. My hands shake sometimes and I always feel tired and have no energy it just feels like my body is about to break. Please help
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 18 minutes later
Thanks for the query,

I do understand your problem

I have noted your medical problem

Please note that headache can be due to many causes like sinus infection, migraine, tension headache, brain infection/tumor and so on.

The most likely possibilities of headache in your case could be tension headache. However, this is a diagnosis of exclusion. I mean other causes need exclusion in order to secure a diagnosis of tension headache. I advise you to get evaluated by a local neurologist and he will examine you and determine the need of a brain scan to rule out other causes of headache. If the scan is normal, you will benefit with rest, relaxation and a course of medications like amitriptyline, nortryptyline etc.
Regarding the change in bowel movements and mucus may point towards an infective problem in you. This issue can be resolved by a stool examination and if required medication under the guidance of your local physician.

Shaking of the hands, tough can be due to many causes, this clinical history will point towards some anxiety related issue. When you will be evaluated by a local neurologist and he will get a chance to see it which will clarify the nature (I mean anxiety related or other neurological cause)

So, I advise you to get evaluated by a local physician who will help you though clinical and other investigations to come to a conclusion about the diagnosis. Treatment will largely depend upon the diagnosis

I hope that I have clarified your query
Please get back to me in case you have any concern
Best wishes