Took antibiotic for sinus infection. Feeling dizzy and pressure in head with blurred vision. Any ideas?

Nov 2013

I have had a bad sinus infection and inner infection for one month. I have been on 3 antibiotics and I still don't feel any better. My head hurts, I feel really really dizzy. I don't have the pressure in my head like I did. But the pain in
my head is awful. I feel like in on a permanent ride that goes in circles. I feel like a have a tight band around my head. I cannot turn my head quickly at all or I feel like I'm going to pass out. Is this still the sinus affection?
I'm generally very healthy except for the common cold. For about a month in a half now I just XXXXXXX felt good at all. I feel like something is wrong. I have been to the doctor in one month at least 6 times. I don't think I've been to the doctor before that 6 times in 5 years. Please help me. I have also had tingling sensations and a pin and needle feeling shooting from head to toe. I also feel like I cannot grip or hold things in my right hand like I usually can. My vision has been somewhat blurry.
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your current symptoms are not due to sinus infection.

The most likely cause can be migraine with vertigo, which can explain the headaches and dizziness.

However, in view of other symptoms, MRI brain may be required to exclude other causes, such as multiple sclerosis.

Please also get the vitamin B12 level checked for any deficiency.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist