Took antibiotic for bronchitis. Getting cold sensation in arm with cough. Any thoughts?

I was diagnosed with Bronchitis on Halloween and since then have had three rounds of antibiotics. I am a stay at home Mom so I have not gotten much rest. However, I am still coughing a bit and feel a cold sensation in my arms which scares me.I'm also wheezing a bit too. Any thoughts on why it is taking so long to go away or what I can do?
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Mild cough and wheezing is suggestive of a persistent bronchoconstriction. You will have to consult your physician to get the best brochodilators prescribed for you. Steroids- both oral and inhalers might be needed for symptomatic relief.
However the best treatment for impacted mucus is steam inhalation. Inhaling steam from a bowl of hot (but not boiling water) may help to soften, and loosen, the buildup of mucus in your nose. You may also find that adding some menthol crystals, or eucalyptus oil, to the water helps a lot. Other than that, avoid eating indigestible, spicy, foods and meats and eat simple wholesome foods. Out-of-door exercise, sunbaths also help a lot.
If you have fever or the cough is worsening then it is advisable to get a X-ray chest done to rule out pneumonia as well.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Took antibiotic for bronchitis. Getting cold sensation in arm with cough. Any thoughts? 1 hour later
Thank you so much for your answer. That all makes sense. Any idea about the coldness in my forearms or slight tingling?
Also, is it normal for it to linger for this long?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The coldness and tingling is likely to be due to vitamin B complex deficiency. You can start with Vitamin B complex and methylcobalamin supplements for at least two weeks to see an improvement.
The symptoms you have can persist sometimes but it is best to rule out pneumonia in case the symptoms worsen.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.