Took an MRI. Noticed a pulsing artery. Low BP. Why can I see pulse on both wrists?

i had an mri of the brain yesterday at noon
i returned home at 3pm and my wrist felt unusually warm. my left wrist
by late evening the hot sensation was gone but i noticed a pulsing artery in my left palm and i could see a pulse on both of my wrists.
i never have this.
i know its an artery because when i cut circulation from wrist pulsing stopped.
i have low blood pressure 100/70 and normal pulse 80
what do i do
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

As such the MRI scan does not cause any side effects .The above symptoms could be related to any XXXXXXX or sedatives usually given during the scan.If any such injections given please share the information with me. I could be able to say what caused it.

Most of times the symptoms could be psychological some experience cold hands and feet and dizziness which is temporary and self limiting without any specific underlying cause.

I would suggest you to once get examined by your treating doctor to be on the safer side.

Hope I answered your query.
Follow-up: Took an MRI. Noticed a pulsing artery. Low BP. Why can I see pulse on both wrists? 1 hour later
No dyes injected
Why would my artery in palm pulsate
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

If no injections were given I do not expect any side effects post MRI scan.If still the pulsations present I suggest you to get examined by a doctor who can be able to identify some other associating features which can point at the cause.

No theoretical basis as of I know can explain pulsations in the palm after a MRI scan, hence do get examined.

Wish you good health.