Took amoxicillin after unprotected sex. Have mild diarrhoea and pain in testicle area. Chances of std?

hey doc, i had an unprotected sex with this girl i met in a party, i got so paranoid for a reason, i took amoxicillin straight for a week and stop for 3 days now. i check online for std and amoxicillin symptoms, i have a mild diarhea, which i dont know if its from the amoxicillin and i have a blunt pain on my testicular area that comes and go, numbness mostly in the legs an arm, nausea and sensation of reflux at night. i didnt have any fever or whatsoever. anyway ill wait for your reply.
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The symptoms of mild testicular pain , numbness, nausea, etc are not likely to be due to any STD.These symptoms are more likely due to a generalised viral illness or anxiety.
STD’s usually present with many symptoms chief ones being any discharge, burning sensation in urethra, redness, irritation, ulcer of sore, pain or blood during ejaculation, pain in the genitalia or early flu like symptoms in case of HIV.
The risk of the infection also depends on whether the person with whom you were invlolved was actually infected or not.
Taking Amoxycyllin does not prevent STDs. The diarrhea you have can be its side effect.
I do recommend that you obtain a screening evaluation for STDs as well as HIV. This will provide the peace of mind that will help you feel less anxious about this. This is a very readily available test at most health departments.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.