Took amlodipine, candestatan, amitriptyline. Taking amlodipine twice will cause harm?

I took 10mg amlodipine this morning and 8mg of candestatan, this evening I took 10mg of amitriptyline and I thought I took a trimethoprim antibiotic but am not sure if I accidentally took an amlodipine 19mg by mistake? Will I be ok?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Thanks for the query

Amlodipine comes in the increments of 2.5mg (2.5,5,7.5.10) and they don't make amlodipine of 19mg so I am quite sure that if it's 19mg then it is not amlodipine.
Amlodipine is a long acting anti hypertensive so I would advice you to seek medical attention if you start feeling giddy or if your start having palpitation.
If its possible you could recount the antibiotic and see if you have taken any less than required from the starting date.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if there are no further queries

I wish you good health