Took adrenaline and cortisone injection for bad allergic reaction. How long do they stay in the system?

Hi i have had a bad allergic reaction had to have adrenaline and a cortisone injection, I was told the cortisone injection takes effect after 9 hours, I would like to know how long this type of injection stays in the system, and I have read once this injection wears off one is likely to have another anaphylactic shock is this correct?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
onset of action is 0.5-1 and halflife of 4-6 hour

Detailed Answer:
Treatment of choice for anaphylactic reaction is adrenaline. But since it is emergency everything like adrenaline, hydrocortisone and antihistaminics like chlorpheniramine is given.
Short acting steroids like hydrocortisone do act with in half to one hour and their half life is short say 4-6 hours.
once the patient has anaphylactic shock he should not tae tht preparation again because there is high chances of recurrence. One should continue the steroid and antihistaminic for 2-3 days.

Best wishes