Took aderall 30mg. Feeling cold and purple bruise appeared. Should I consult a doctor?

I took 30mg of aderall today for the first time. It is not my prescription, I got it from my cousin. I took it around 4 today, but now I am really cold and my hands and feet are clammy. I also got bluish purple blotches all over my legs and random bruises on legs and arms as well. I feel pretty weak and shaky to walk but okay while I sit or lay. Not sure if this is normal or not, I don't feel right though. I didnt eat all day either so maybe that has to do with it? Should I go to the ER? I would like to avoid it if its unnecessary. I get kind of lightheaded sometimes anyways, but the blotches are what are scaring me most.
Posted Sun, 6 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 16 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
This is definitely not a normal reaction to Adderall and none of your other illnesses explain these symptoms. Not eating all day will not make you have random bruises which could possibly be an allergic rash or bleeding issues. The shakiness could be due to a fall in blood pressure which commonly occurs in drug reactions. Your eating disorder could explain the lightheadedness sometimes, but this is not something related here. Please go to the ER. You could be having a possible allergic reaction to this drug and you would need an epinephrine shot before things get out of hand.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more questions
Follow-up: Took aderall 30mg. Feeling cold and purple bruise appeared. Should I consult a doctor? 4 minutes later
I will probably go, another thing is my feet feel weird and soft when I rub them against eachother? I think they are a little numb but i can still feel them. and my cheeks and side of nose feel a little numb? Thank you for all your help too
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 10 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
Abnormal sensations in the feet, cheeks and nose can be due to several factors where the nerves are getting involved. These include electrolyte disorders, vitamin deficiencies and other issues. Both these issues can be addressed if we can successfully address your eating disorder. You need to learn to love yourself unconditionally and believe that this is your time. Probably getting some friends or family to help can significantly weed out this problem.
Follow-up: Took aderall 30mg. Feeling cold and purple bruise appeared. Should I consult a doctor? 20 minutes later
Thank you so much again, I have one more question though, in the middle of all my fingers like the middle joint tops look slightly blue and veiny . is that from circulation? I heard aderall causes vasoconstriction? Its a little hard fr me to get to the hospital until morning time when I can get a ride, unless I called an ambulance which seems a bit much for how i feel right now?
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 19 minutes later
If you have a lean built, veins are commonly prominent over the joints. So that is not something you should be worrying about. It can be seen in normal people as well. This would not result from the vasoconstriction from Adderall.
I think it would be a smart idea to call the ambulance. Please do this as soon as possible.