Took a urine test. Not smoking since long time. Drinking plenty of water. What are the chances of passing?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
I took a urine test for a job through Medtox today. I have not smoked in 35 days and was an every day user before that. I am 180 lbs and 5 10. What are my chances of passing. I've been drinking plenty of water over the past 35 days as well.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Drug screen

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health care magic.

Urine test for drug screening is usually done to rule out drug abuse of any kind.

This has become a mandatory test for employment purposes.

The common drugs which are usually reported are Cannabis, Benzodiazepines, Amphetamine, or Morphine/Codeine.

The drugs which are not usually reported are Caffeine, Theobromine, Nicotine, Paracetamol.

So if you have not smoked plain cigarettes for 35 days there is less likely chance of you coming positive for screening.

But if you have smoked any of the drugs of abuse mentioned above then the duration of abuse plays an important role.

On an average a chronic drug abuser will give positive test for three to four weeks after use.

I hope I have cleared your doubts.

Thanks.