Took a steroid shot for vertigo. Could this be the reason for eye and ear infection?

Jan 2013

What to do about a bad case of vertigo. I have not been to work in a week. Went to my Dr. no eye or ear infections. She gave me steroid shot, on a chance that it may help. That was Tues morn, No help. I'm Scared. they gave me eye and ear exercises to do. been doing them.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more information... Detailed Answer: Hi, Let me know your associated features along with mentioned. Do you have headache/ nausea/ blurring of vision/ weakness in limb? Do you have ear ache/ pus or liquid discharge from ears/ deafness? Do you have any associated urinary or abdominal symptoms? Vertigo could be due to ear disease/ brain parenchymal disease/ cerebellar disease and benign positional vertigo. Clinical examination is mandatory to know the cause of vertigo. You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist and should go for thorough neurological check up. You should also go for complete hemogram, renal function test, serum electrolytes, and CT/MRI scan brain. If all relevant investigation are found to be normal then you should also consult with ENT specialist also. If I am your treating doctor then I would like to advise you to take divalproex, cinnarizine 25 mg thrice in a day along with promethazine. Short duration of steroids may also help in benign positional vertigo; but as it didn't help you, I would suggest you discuss about the aforementioned tests / treatment options with your treating doctor. Awaiting your reply to discuss further... Dr. Mayank Bhargava