Took a dose of anti rabies vaccination for dog bite. Should I continue the dosage?

My Inlaws have a pommeraninan pet. about 2 months back it bit my wife on hand and she had taken 1st dose of anti rabies vaccnination and some tablets given by doctor.The wound was a scratch wound and little skin was torn . i realised this later that she has to take minimum 5 dosages. so wanted to know if she can continue the anti rabies vaccnine now or she has to take alternative treatment. The dog had been given anti rabies vaccnination by vet doctor.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later
Brief Answer: No need Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I considered that the dog is a self rared pet and also is healthy. Then there would be no need to worry about vaccination. It would be useless to take the remaining doses of the vaccination after 2 months gap. There is no need to worry. Regards,