Took a capsule uprise. Feeling hot, uneasyness and restlessness. Have mild chest pain. Is it allergic reaction. Suggestions?

Question
i hve low vit d i took a capsule uprise 60k in morning after some time i m feeling very hot uneasyness restlessness is there any side effects of vit d tht i hve to worry i hve mild chest pain is it allergic reaction or is it normal
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 28 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

The clinical symptoms you have mentioned doesnt seem to be related as side effects of Vit-D3. I suspect the possibility of Gastritis which has caused those symptoms.

Usually Vit-d3 has no side effects in the dose of 60K IU , as it is taken weekly once only.

I suggest you take OTC available antacid pills like either pantaprazole 40mg or rabeprazole 10mg. If the symptoms still persist consult your physician.

Hope i have clarified your query
If you need any further clarification ,let me know.
regards,
DR.SIVAYOGI

Follow-up: Took a capsule uprise. Feeling hot, uneasyness and restlessness. Have mild chest pain. Is it allergic reaction. Suggestions? 10 minutes later
yes i have a bad gas after taking it last week i took tayo 60 k it makes me feel dizzy nw i took uprise0000iu it gave bad gas which is good tayo(chewable) or uprise

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later
Hi

Welcome back,

Capsule form will be better because it is easy to swallow. Chewable tablets leaves some sort of nauseating taste in the mouth. One thing you can do to avoid gas formation is take that capsule after food. Also use Pantaprazole 40mg daily in the morning before breakfast, it will reduce your gas and bloating.

regards,
DR.SIVAYOGI