Took Tufacne and started losing hair. Hair is becoming thin. Advise?

Question
Hi doctor,

I used Tufacne couple of months back and started losing my hair, although i stopped using it soon later, my hair is still thinning. Help pls
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apply MINOXIDIL 5% solution to the scalp

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatology, working with an experienced Dermatologist. I answer on his behalf.

Hair loss or hair ill health is one of the commonest side effect experienced with Tuface(isotretinoin).

Apply MINOXIDIL 5% (MINTOP in India) solution to the scalp every alternate day. This will improve blood circulation to the scalp and help in healthy growth of the hair.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Took Tufacne and started losing hair. Hair is becoming thin. Advise? 50 minutes later
Thanks!!!But I heard Mintop has dide effects abd the hair starts thinning once you stop using. Is is true? Is there any other remedy if it is so

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No, such side effects of Mintop are rare.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Mintop is the only best remedy for the Tufacne affected hair. After a month you can stop Mintop slowly and not suddenly to prevent side effects.