Took Primolut N to delay periods. Negative pregnancy test. Periods have not started. Should I be worried?

Hi, I am 25 year old female. My cycles usually are regular at about 27 days from start. Due to unavoidable circumstances, i was forced to take 10 promolut n tablets twice a day for 5 days to delay my period. I started this on my 27th day. Before starting i did a home pregnancy test which showed as negative. Now it is 96 hrs since i stopped the tablet and havent started my period yet. Should i be worried?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Radhika 14 minutes later

Primolut N is a progestogen, a hormonal product having similarity with the natural
female hormone progesterone.

Primolut N is used for timing of menstruation and to treat disturbances of the periods (dysfunctional bleeding), lack of the periods (primary and secondary amenorrhoea), premenstrual complaints and endometriosis.

Due to the hormone, you will expect delay or early periods for 2 to 3 months. Do not be worried if your periods are delayed. You may get periods after 4-5 days of stopping Primolut-N. It will be back to normal.

You should always do your urine pregnancy test 1 week after the expected date of periods. You can confirm urine pregnancy test once again.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any follow up queries.