Took Plavix for long and now put on aspirin. Side effects?

I took Plavix for six years, now my doctor put me on asprin325 what is the side effects
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer.....Use of aspirin can result in upper gastrointestinal bleeding.
Detailed answer....
Adding aspirin to plavix lowers the risk of further strokes or heart attacks.
It is said that a single therapy reduces risk of stroke by 20% while if dual therapy is given,you reduce the risk of another stroke by 30%.
The main side effects of aspirin are gastrointestinal ulcers,stomach bleeding and sometimes allergic reactions like hives etc.
Since you have already suffered a heart attack in 2003 and stroke in 2007,it is better  to give dual therapy rather than single therapy.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck