Took Plan B pill after 122 hours of unprotected intercourse. What are the chances of pregnancy?

May 2013
I just took the Plan B pill about 122 hours afterwards will it still work and should I take another one if so how soon? Also, I do for my period now and have already felt presure will this through this one off?
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 55 minutes later

The emergency pill should be taken within 72 hours of the unprotected intercourse.
So as you took the pill after 122 hours the pill may not show desired effect.
As you said that you are near the expected date of periods, in that case if you had intercourse 5 days before the periods the chance of pregnancy is less.
Because in case of regular periods of around 28 to 30 days duration ovulation will occur at around 14 to 16th day of the menstrual cycle.
And ovum can be viable for a maximum duration of 48 hours.
So according to these points chance of pregnancy is less in case of regular periods.
Emergency pill can alter the menstrual cycle depending the period of the cycle when you took it. As you took the pill in the second half of the cycle it can postpone the periods.
So you wait for your periods.
If you get the periods soon it is good, but if the periods get delayed by two weeks better to go for pregnancy test once.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.