Took Pill after intercourse. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Chances of pregnancy?

me and my bf had sex on 29th oct(it was during my periods on my 4th day)...although v were not succesful in getting to final act ie,he wasnt able to insert it my vagina..n he used condom as be on safer side i took an ipill the very next day periods were due on 26th nov ..till now i havent got them...i did a pregnancy test as well on 28thnov it showed negative,,,till today(ie 2nd dec) i havnt got my periods..pls tell dat m i pregnant??pls help!!
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 31 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Here are the reasons that you are NOT pregnant from this contact:

1. It was during the 4th day of your cycle, during your period (ovulation in most women does not occur until day#14 - you were not even close)
2. There was no vaginal penetration
3. He used a condom
4. And finally, you used emergency contraception

By my calculation, assuming regular cycles, you are about 6 days late. The reason for the delay in the period is almost certainly related to the ipill. This is a hormonal pill that in many cases, causes a delay or change in when you ovulate. Based on when you took it during your cycle, this would make the most sense - it delayed ovulation and thus leads to a delay in when you get your period. I would expect that you will get your period within the next 1-2 weeks.

I hope that this helps you. Please let me know if you have more questions. I want you to be satisfied with my answer!
Follow-up: Took Pill after intercourse. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Chances of pregnancy? 1 hour later
Thanks for your help!!! Now i m at a little easy!!
One more thing i want to know is that today m having cramps in my abdomen and a little pain as well in right side of my vagina,,,are these the signs of having periods??
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Sorry about the delayed follow up. Yes I think these are likely cycle related symptoms. As I stated, give it a week or two and I bet this will all be resolved. I am happy to help in any way that I can!