Took Mephedrone without knowing the pregnancy. Will it hurt the baby?

my unborn childi was recently pressured into takin a drug called mkat on a night out. i have now found out i am four weeks pregnant. will this of hurt my unborn child?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 4 hours later

Mkat is Mephedrone and its effect is somewhat like Amphetamine.

It's come in use in 2007, so the study pertaing to its effect on pregnancy and long term course are limited.

In my opinion single dose will not cause harm to the baby. You should not repeat it during pregnancy. Regular usage during pregnancy may harm the fetus by restricting blood flow thus resulting in low birth weight and poor development.

You should consult local Obstetrician for pregnancy care and she will advise you congenital anomaly scan between 18-22 weeks of pregnancy, which is must in all pregnancies.

Take folic acid tab daily to prevent neural tube defects in baby.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.