Took MTP kit to terminate pregnancy. Texakind and RB tone taken. Severe bleeding persisting

hi, i took mtp kit to end my 4 week pregnancy, the bleeding was severe, after 19 days i took texakind mf for 5 days, twice daily, and R B Tone daily. today it is 28 days , now still bleeding continue in evening
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
MTP pills are not 100% effective.Some time small adherent piece may remain in the uterus ,till that piece is not removed ,bleeding may continue. This condition is known as retained product of conception(RPOC).So get your ultrasound done .If there is RPOC ,you will have to get it removed by the procedure called as D&C.
Consult a gynecologist and she will do this procedure for you.
I hope to have answered you query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Bet of luck.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 minutes later

according to your description there is possibility of incomplete abortion,
as the drugs in MTP kit,
mefiprestone - affects the viability of fetus,
misoprostol- causes expulsion of the sac,
sometimes complete expulsion may not occur and some products may be still remaining in the uterus preventing retraction of uterus leading to bleeding.

texakind mf contains tranexamic acid which can only decrease the blood loss temporarily and the products will still remain inside.
RB tone will provide iron and folic acid etc.

so visit gynecologist undergo physical examination and one ultrasound which will possibly find out presence of products of conception insitu,
if found you can go for D&C to remove them with your doctor's advice,
you can continue RB tone meanwhile.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.