Took MT pill, started bleeding. Why hasn't bleeding stopped yet?

I take mt pill 12 DAYS Back on next day it starts bleeding. But thing is that bleeding is not stop yet what to do now plz advised.....

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
If bleeding is continuing for past 12 days,it means abortion is not complete and some parts of fetus are still inside the uterus.
You must get an ultrasound uterus done and if some parts are found to be inside,then complete removal by curettage is advised.
You must consult your gynecologist for the required action.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any follow up query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Took MT pill, started bleeding. Why hasn't bleeding stopped yet? 8 hours later
So fetus can b removed. By medicin or any kind of surgery requierd
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Yes,as I told you earlier.
If there are some parts remaining,they can be cleared by curettage which is a surgical procedure commonly known as D&C.
Follow-up: Took MT pill, started bleeding. Why hasn't bleeding stopped yet? 2 days later
I was counsult with geyncologist she was adsive for utera ultrasound as u advised I done it same bt the person who is doing ultrasound. he has done XXXXXXX and as per him there is nothing inside the baby pouch and in report he was mention unmarkable remarks my question is ultrasound was done correctly. or not n one more thing bleeding was stopped 2 days prior after counsulting with Dr as she advised for some medicine but. Now bleeding was start again what I have to do plz advised ...
tomorrow. I have appointment with my doctor and I will also sending u report ....
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 31 minutes later
Sometimes bleeding can prolong for two weeks after taking MTP pill.
You can wait for 4 to 5 days more and take some medical treatment during this period from your gynecologist.
If bleeding does not stop even after this period you can get the ultrasound done again as only incomplete abortion can cause prolonged bleeding.