Took MT pill. Start gaining weight, feeling lazy and back pain. Trying to conceive. Any suggestions?

Infertility Specialist
I got pregnant in 2006 and took MT pill to abort. I was only 24 years old back then. I had severe pain and after that my health has never been the same. I have gained constant weight, have become very lazy and have lost all my stamina. I also have constant back pain and cramps. In 2010 i visited doctor because of constant stomachache and was diagnosed for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. I was on medicine for this for a long time and last I checked the infection was gone. I'm married now and we have had unprotected sex many times but I never got pregnant. I am worried that the whole thing somehow has effected my chances to conceive. Is that the case? What can I do to find out for sure? I am 30 now and also wanted to check if my it is risky to delay trying for pregnancy.
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 12 hours later
thank you for writing in to HCM
in view of your previous history of termination and repeated pain on and off
it will be advised that you go for early investigation
the best investigation will be diagnostic laproscopy and XXXXXXX test
if its normal then you can try for pregnancy if your husband is tested and normal
wish you all the best
dr XXXXXXX thakkar
Follow-up: Took MT pill. Start gaining weight, feeling lazy and back pain. Trying to conceive. Any suggestions? 33 hours later
Thanks Dr. for answering my question. I wanted to know what these two tests are and what information will they be used to determine? Also, what is the procedure involved, how much time they take and typically how much they cost? What kind of tests does my husband need to go through? Please let me know.
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 9 hours later
hello again

For you it will be done under general anesthesia, usually one week after your periods have stopped. This is to check the fallopian tubes are open - and confirmed by injecting a XXXXXXX
It can be done as a day care procedure

If there are any other problems seen - like adhesions - the same can be treated surgically and may require 2 to 3 days of rest

for your husband a semen analysis will be required after an abstinence period of 3 days

The cost of the treatment will depend on if its a simple diagnostic or an extended surgical procedure. This you should discuss with your consultant whom you are meeting

If both are normal then you can try naturally

dr XXXXXXX thakkar