Took MDMA pill. Getting pain in temple, weakness, have cold hand and feet. Required treatment?

I took a pill of what I thought was MDMA on Saturday night. After the pill I had acute pain in my temples, right above the ear. Sunday and Monday I was ok though I felt a bit weak. Today I woke up, and I also felt weak, my hands and feet are cold. As I woke up I immediately went to use the restroom and pee. I drank some water and milk and now feel better but my head feels a little cloudy and I am shaking a bit. My hands, my jaw and my legs a little bit. Is there anything I can eat or how should I treat this?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there thanks for asking. These symptoms may happen after taking MDMA. The best way to control these symptoms is not to take this pill again and also having enough sleep for a night. They will disappear very soon. If you have some tendency for anxiety disorders, this pill may aggravate your situation and cause them to flare up. If they persist for more than several days, it is necessary to consult with your doctor about it. Try to have a regular sleep pattern and a good sleep. I hope it goes away very fast. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Took MDMA pill. Getting pain in temple, weakness, have cold hand and feet. Required treatment? 1 hour later
Is there anyway this could be something more serious like autonomic hyperraflexia? Has this been related to MDMA use? I would really like to avoid a visit to the doctor. I have no money for that. I am not sure if I am just overreacting. The cold numbness of my fingers in the morning made me panic. And every time I drink water my stomach makes growling noises.
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 8 hours later
Hi again, thanks for asking. Autonomic hyperreflexia has other manifestations as well. There is no reason to worry about it. These symptoms happen frequently after taking MDMA. They will will subside in a few days. Best wishes.