Took MDMA. Started feeling electric shocks shooting through body. Could this be related to the MDMA?

Silly I know but I tryed some MDMA on sunday last 4 days ago. I am experence feeling like electric
shocks shooting through my body. Could this be related to the MDMA?
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

I do understand your negative experience, my dear.

Before answering your query I would like to know that had you taken any other substance along with MDMA ? If not, then the answer is as below

Electric like sensation, tingling and numbness, abnormal unpleasant experience can very well be possible after acute ingestion of the same.

These effects can take 1 week to go

If this is not associated with any other heart symptoms like tachycardia, arrhythmia etc. or any other symptoms then it may not be a point of concern. But always in such situations it is not good to repeat the same as sometimes cumulative effects of such drugs may be troublesome to physical health particularly heart and brain.

Past history of gall stone may not be very significant

Hope your query is addressed

I am available for further query and wish you a tingling free happy life