Took I-pill after unprotected sex. Had bleeding but now periods are late. Suggest?

Question
I took an I-pill within 24 hours of unprotected sex although we did use a lubricant. A week after which I bled for about 2 days. My last period ended on the 30th of July. As of today I'm late by 3-4 days considering a 28 day cycle. I have rarely been irregular before (once or twice). Does the bleeding necessarily indicate that the pill has worked? Is there anything I need to worry about as my period is late or is this an expected side effect of the I-pill?
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is expected side effect of Ipill

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX

This is an expected side effect of the Ipill. It does cause variation in the menstrual cycles.

Please be relaxed and wait for few more days to get your next period normally. Please wait until 7th of September 2013. If you do not get your periods by then, you could do a urine home pregnancy test or consult a Gynecologist for further treatment.

Yes, the bleeding indicates that the pill has worked.

There is nothing to worry. Please be relaxed as I said.

Let me know if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Took I-pill after unprotected sex. Had bleeding but now periods are late. Suggest? 3 minutes later
If the pill has worked then does that indicate absoluetely no fear of pregnancy? So is the urine home pregnancy test still mandatory?

Brief Answer:
Yes, no fear of pregnancy here

Detailed Answer:

Your last period ended on 30 of July. So, there is very negligent chance of you being pregnant.

In rarest of cases, there may still be pregnancy for which you will have to do the urine pregnancy test after the said date.

In all my view, you will get your periods normally in next few days.