Took HCG drops and high liver count shown in blood test. Could this be caused by HCG drops?

I have taken the HCG drops on and off for 3 months. I received my blood work results today and my liver count is high. Could this be caused by the HCG drops? Did I take them long enough to have liver damage? I have hypothyroidism but no other health problems. Can the liver damage be reversed?
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows Detailed Answer: Dear madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the problem several literature and studies have shown that HCG containing human chorionic gonadotropin hormone is known to adversely affect liver functions . Apart from the hormone , starvation also leads to harmful effects on liver as generally people take very low calories following this regimen and may lead to deranged liver function tests . In my opinion you should stop taking these drops ,take an adequate calorie diet , wait for few days , get your LFT repeated again , if they are still deranged you will need to see a doctor immediately . This treatment is not yet approved by FDA for weight loss , better to avoid if its not suiting you . Take care. Dr. Shruti