Took Finax for hair loss. Had protected sex. Delayed periods due to medication side effects or pregnancy?

hii i am XXXXXXX from mumbai... i had a hair loss problem and i was advised FINAX 1mg tablet. but after taking the tablet my period hasnt come yet as it is over 37 days my last period came, i had also intercourse with my boy friend but with precaution. i am very much worried about the period . is this the side effect of finax or anything else... please help me out....
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us

I don't think Finasteride can cause delayed periods

Get your urine pregnancy test done with kit

If possible get your ultrasound done

Hypothyroidism can also cause hair loss along with delayed periods

Get your Haemoglobin test and Thyroid profile done

Best wishes