Took Eclia test after 9 months of exposure and the result was negative. Should I go for another test?

Heloo Doctor, I had a condom break while having sex with sex worker , i took Eclia (Hiv1 & 2 with p24 antigens) test after 9 months of exposure and the result came negative . should i go for another test ?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: not required Detailed Answer: Hello, Your HIV 1 and 2 ECLIA with P24 antigen has come negative after 9 months of exposure. This definitely proves a negative infection. There is no need to go for another test. This is confirmatory. Wish you good health. Regards,
Follow-up: Took Eclia test after 9 months of exposure and the result was negative. Should I go for another test? 3 hours later
Thanks a lot for answering this . I had fever last week and i consulted my family doctor , he said this is a season for viral fever and i also discussed with him about this condom break . He said i have to get tested for this immediately as every exposure may have a risk . The next day i got it tested and the results came negative .it seems have to get tested every 6 months for some years to conclude there is no HIV. I was shocked to hear this , because in many forums i had read that Eclia test is good and the result after 3 months is 99 % . Please can you let me know about this Eclia test is confirmatory ?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: the test is confirmatory Detailed Answer: Hello, Eclia test is confirmatory. No doubt in that. Also, the test result is negative after 6 months of exposure. This itself is confirmatory. You can repeat the same test once after another 6 months to be doubly sure of your status. There is no need to repeat it every 6 months for many years to come. For your satisfaction, you can repeat the test just once after another 6 months. Take care!