Took 70 u of short instead of 70u of Lantus. What should I do?

I just took too much short acting insulin. I was not paying attention and did 70 u of short instead of 70u of Lantus. What should I do.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

As the name suggests, the effects of short acting insulin is 2 to 4 hrs. It is mainly given to control the Postprandial sugar (Post Meal).

Here are some advice you have to follow.
1. Don't panic.
2. Have a good carbohydrate meal.
3. Check the blood sugar after 2 hours of meal for hypoglycemia.
4. If you experience any signs of hypoglycemia like sweating and palpitation, take glucose solutions orally.
5. If the symptoms persist, contact your doctor for help.

Hope this helps.