Took 5 mifesprin tablet at same time with empty stomach. Got periods and bleeding with abdominal pain. Suggest?

Respected Doctor,
4 days later my friend took a mifesprin kit 5 tablets at same time with empty stomach. she got her periods after 2 hour bleeding starts still bleeding she abdomen affecting stomach pain til date. please whats is next solution. please help me
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 47 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX These are the signs of abortions, hence it is always advisable to take misoprostol tablets in the hospital, as the bleeding could be very heavy. Sometimes even requiring a surgical method to completely evacuate the products of conception from uterus.
Currently it is difficult to come to a conclusion, as you have not mentioned anything about the gestational age, previous scan, if previously examined by a doctor before prescribing this abortion medications?.
If the scan is not done previously, there could be a remote possibility of ECTOPIC PREGNANCY. I strongly suggest you to immediately rush to the nearby hospital, get examined and rule out 2 possibilities:
1) ECTOPIC pregnancy (if previous scan not done)
2)Incomplete abortion (requires surgical evacuation).
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile