Took 5-325 mg percocet. Feel light headed, weak and sick. Should I worry?

I am 80 years old, female and took 5-325 mg percocet, it is making me feel light headed, weak and sick to my stomach, should I go to the er
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check the pulse and BP at home

Detailed Answer:

If you are alone at home I better suggest you to reach ER soon.
If you have someone at home who can monitor you can ask them to measure pulse per minute, check the blood pressure. If they are alright, you just need to lie down and wait. If symptoms do not subside as the hours pass then you can go to the ER.

This could be side effect of the PERCOCET. This wanes off soon as you have taken the nominal dose.

Hope this helps.