Took 30 mg of valium two weeks ago, drug testing, still positive. How long will its effects show in the test ?

hi i tock 30 mg of valium two weeks ago . i have adrug test coming up . i tested my self today and am still + . how long till am clear and what can i do to speed up getting shot of it . help
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

Regarding the value which you took it while ago. It can take some time for this to work it's way out of the body. Generally this happens within about two weeks. I am curious to know why anybody would test you for benzodiazepines. These are medications which are very commonly prescribed and it would be rare for a company or employer to test for this type of thing unless what you're dealing with has to do with operating heavy machinery or driving large trucks. If the Valium was provided to you by your physician. You can indicate on the drug screen that you have been prescribed this class of medication. Perhaps this will give the tester some understanding.

Hopefully you will not need to worry about things and within the next couple of days. Your body will completely metabolize any remaining elements of the Valium. In the meantime you can concentrate on good fluid hydration to help filter things for your kidney. I would recommend drinking at least 3 L of fluid per day. I recommend Gatorade as an optimal fluid for hydration. This is however no guarantee that your blood test will come back completely negative within any certain period of time. Everyone is different in how they metabolize medication.

I am sorry that you're having to deal with stress regarding this situation. I am confident at the same time that things will work out. I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful. If you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert