Took 24 units of novorapid instead of lantus, have Bol reading of 2.4. Can I take lantus while traveling?

Just took 24 units of novorapid instead of lantus, have Bol reading of 2.4 am treating now but do I also take lantus while treating low bsl
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 11 minutes later
The Novorapid is fast acting insulin and you have taken fairly high dose, it may cause hypoglycemia and loss of consciousness during ensuing 3--4 hours time so you must be with someone you know to arrange medical help if need arises.
You should take 10gms of glucose powder orally every hour for next 3-4 hours. Then if everything fine you can have your regular dose of lantus.
You should be careful in future not to do suchh mistakes because such mistakes may threaten the life.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.