Too much drinking, red purple dots on lower arms. Any ideas ?

Too much drinking red purple dots on lower arms
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Red spots over limbs can be related to too much drinking. We need to rule out cirrhosis and liver failure.

In cases of altered liver function you can get skin angiomas which appear as red skin spots. This can be sign of liver cirrhosis.

You should get a clinical evaluation, ultrasonography and liver function tests done sooner. I encourage you to visit your physician to streamline the aforementioned test. It is advisable that you quit alcohol at the earliest.

Hope this answers your question. I will be available to answer any other follow up should you have any.