Tonsils and adenoid removal surgery, bleeding occurred, operation redone, now better. Exercising advisable?

My 11 year old daughter had her tonsills and adenoids out on December 8th. Had a big bleed on December 10th and was taken back to surgery. Her throat is feeling really good now, and I was wondering when she can start exercising again. She is very sporty and wants to do exercise.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have provided me with good information.

Your daughter aged 11 yrs old had her surgery on December 8th and had a bleeding episode on December 10th.

Normally, vigorous exercise should be avoided for 12-14 days after surgery. Baths, showers, even light swimming, are acceptable. Many patients have reduced energy levels until their pain decreases.

Since she has already completed 2 weeks post her surgery, she can start with mild exercises as of now.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.