Ask a Dentist   »  

Tongue taste buds turned brown from last 5 year. What should be done?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
My tongue taste buds turned brown and it's been like this for 5 years now no pain no bad smell no medications non smoker non alcoholic no other dieses
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 1 hour later

First, I would like to mention that some people (variations in ethnicity) have brown spots/ brown coloured taste buds and that is considered normal.

As you have mentioned that you are free of any symptoms, you do not smoke and are not on any medication, and then it may not be of any concern.

Hope this answers your query. If you have any more queries, I would be happy to help.

Follow-up: Tongue taste buds turned brown from last 5 year. What should be done? 16 hours later
Thank u forr the answer But I wasn't born like this it happened just 5 years ago and they r getting. More
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 57 minutes later
Thanks again for your query.

Sometimes, as the age progresses these spots in the oral cavity become darker and more visible.
Still, if you are concerned about them and require a definite diagnosis, I would suggest that you visit an oral pathologist for an examination. The only way to know their exact nature would be a detailed physical exam and perhaps a biopsy of the affected area.

Wish you the best.