Tongue pain, black veins going down, dry cough, head congestion, pimples on arms. Cause?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I felt a little pain on the side of my tongue, but didnt feel no bumps so i went to look at it and i noticed that under my tongue on both sides there black like veins going down it. i never noticed this before and for the last 4 days i had like a dry cough and kind head congestion? i also noticed i have these pimple like bumps on my arm not all over but in some areas?
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query .
Considering your symptoms you seem to be suffering from a mild viral oral cavity, nose throat , sinuses etc giving nasal stuffiness, sorethroat or painful ulcers , dry irritating cough ,headache etc . This may or may not be accompanied by a mild fever or mild rash on the skin.
Most of the times such an infection should decrease symptomatically or resolve completely within ten days. If it persists beyond that or there is worsening of symptoms then it's advisable to consult your doctor for a thorough evaluation and management .
Meanwhile you can do thrice daily warm saline throat gargles and steam inhalations to help in faster recovery . Also mild analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen might relieve the pain temporarily . A daily bcomplex multivitamin supplement would be beneficial as per your doctors prescription only.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.